Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Never Underestimate the Power of My Bodyweight Workouts

Motivation of the Day: Never Take Your Eyes off The Goal



I LOVE MY BODYWEGHT LEG WORKOUT
I am so enjoying my post-workout shake right now. Some days you can just get the taste so right…and today is one of those days. It is well deserved after my bodyweight leg workout and ARC interval this morning. Actually I split my routine and completed my ARC interval prior to a client and finished up my bodyweight leg interval immediately after my session. I am a “Get It All In” kind of girl as I shared with you yesterday. My plan was to complete it all this morning, but I chose to spend some quality time with hubby before he jetted to work….however, I knew my calendar would permit a split routine….see…Smart Planning;) Balance is so key…and I think I am rambling a bit here and off topic…so let me dial myself back to the point I am trying to make. What I want to share with you about my routine today is I respect the power of a bodyweight workout. I maintain my body with high rep, low weight interval programs where I constantly change up the routine to ensure muscle confusion. I basically follow the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) principle with all my workouts putting in modifications all the time. It works fabulous for me and I love the thrill of the challenge. OK….about the bodyweight workouts....think about the difficulty of completing a proper pull-up and push-up. The words to describe the pull-up….HARD AS CRAP to do and proper push-ups rank just as high in my book. Completing bodyweight workouts are definitely under-rated and deserve respect. Lots of strength and mass is gained from a push-up/ pull-up routine and is the basis for many military prep boot camps. Imagine completing a 100 rep pull-up routine….CRAZY kick-butt workout and talk about DOMS the next day….they will be there. Moving right into my bodyweight leg interval workout today…..I used my step bench as I demonstrated in the video and literally kept stepping up and back on the thing until my legs were completely burned….then hi-intensity ME turned right around performed my cone touches for 30 to 50 reps per cycle or until I just could not do it anymore. I am very much a push myself girl when it comes to the interval segment…..I kick myself into high gear all the time. It is a rush to push myself and what a relief to get to recover for a bit…but then right back on the step bench for more. Even as I am writing to you, I can feel that my legs are fatigued….a bit tired and I know that tomorrow I will feel the delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)….I LOVE that feeling…another personal share;) Also…remember that I squeeze my butt on every movement…so I did have GOOD BUTT SQUEEZE today! So…hi- rep bodyweight legs with a butt squeeze please….OH YEAH…..LEGS ARE GOOD!!!!


My Workout for Today:



ARC Trainer Strength Interval 35 minutes


Bodyweight Leg Interval ~ Repeated Cycle 4x (Watch the Video)


Step Bench Lunge Series for 25 reps per side
Cross over Lunge
Back Lunge
Side Lunge
Cone Touches 30-50 reps (failure)


Stretching


My Nutrition for Today:


Coffee, one cup please


Meal 3
1-Pre-Workout Shake
2-Post- Workout Shake (SO GOOD)
3-B/S Chicken breast & avocado on Sprouted Bread
4-2 protein balls (Chocolate Raisin)
5-Egg Whites & Spinach Salad
6-Protein Pudding


BY REQUEST
STEEL CUT OATS IN THE CROCKPOT RECIPE:



STEEL CUT OATS IN CROCK POT...BOMB!
 2 cups steel cut oats
2 tbsp ground flax meal (optional)
2 tbsp wheat germ (optional)
8 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp vanilla extract


Place all ingredients in the crock pot before bed, set on low and wake up to fabulous oats for Meal 1.


POST SHAKE READY!
IF YOU ENJOY THE CONTENT, LIKE IT, LEAVE ME A COMMENT….AND IF YOU LIKE…OFFER ME A SHAKE;)

STAY HEALTHY!





No comments:

Post a Comment